Free Pattern: Textured Dream Flower

Textured Dream Flower

Designed by Lianka Azulay © 2016

Inspired by Bonita Patterns’ most patient and motivating pattern support guru, Janet Smith. Her mantra: “Check your gauge. Check your gauge. Om!”

Textured Dream Flower Crochet Pattern

Note: Readers are asking where to find the pattern for the afghan under the flowers. This is one of my premium patterns (it helps me support the costs associated with the blog). It’s  a new technique I’m developing called “Embossed Crochet”, which translate the texture and depth of Aran knitting. You can find the paid pattern here: Embossed Daisy Blanket

Embossed Daisy Blanket Collage

Premium Pattern: Embossed Daisy Blanket

Textured Dream Flower Materials:

You can purchase this yarn at www.bonitapatterns.com

Stitch Abreviations:

Beginning (beg)

Back Loops Only (blo)

Chain (ch)

Double Treble Crochet (dtr) – yo hook 3 times, insert crochet hook in st indicated, yo, draw loop through, (yo, draw through 2 loops on hook) 4 times.

Front Loop Only (flo)

Front Post Double Crochet (FPdc): yo and insert hook from the front to the back around the post of the st of previous row. Complete as for a regular dc stitch.

Repeat (rep)

Slip Stitch (sl st)

Space (sp)

Stitch (st)

Treble crochet (Tr)

Gauge:

Gauge is not critical for this project (I bet you are happy to hear that!).

Ch 4, join with sl st in first ch to form a ring or use a magic adjustable ring. You can find a great photo tutorial for the magic ring here: http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2013/09/demystifying-the-magic-ring/

Rnd 1: Ch 1 (beg ch doesn’t count as st here and throughout), 6 sc in in ring, join with sl st in first sc. – (6 sc).

Rnd 2: Ch 1, (sc, dtr) in each sc around, join with sl st in first sc. – (12 sts).

Rnd 3: Ch 1, dtr in first st, (sc, dtr) in next st, sc in next sc, (dtr, sc), [dtr in next st, (sc, dtr), sc in next st, (dtr, sc) in next st] twice, join with sl st in first dtr. – (18 sts).

Rnd 4: Ch 1, working in the front loops only (flo), sc in first st, ch 6, sc in same st, * (sc, ch 6, sc in next st), rep from * around, join with sl st in first sc. – (36 sc + 18 ch-6 = 54 sts).

Furlscrochet_coupon 10

Rnd 5: Ch 1, working in the back loops only (blo) of rnd 3, * sc in next st, ch 4, Tr in same st, ch 3 (count as dc), 7 FPdc around post of Tr, rep from * around, join with sl st in next first ch in the round (bottom of the first petal. See pic 1 and 2), sl in next 3 ch (see pic 3). – There will be 18 petals made (see pic 4).

Rnd 6: This last round is only to arrange and secure the petals in place (see pic 4) to secure the petals in place. * Working behind petals, ch 2, sc in next ch-4 sp of next petal, rep from * around (see pic 5). Finish off. Weave in all ends.

textured-dream-flower-chart-1                  texture-dream-flower-chart-2

texture-dream-flower-chart-3  texture-dream-flower-chart-4

Textured

Download Textured Dream Flower

Textured

Textured Dream Flower Symbol Charts

Textured

Motif texturé rêve Fleur écrit en français

Textured

Structuur Droombloem patroon van de bloem in het Nederlands

Textured Dream Flower Step 1

Textured Dream Flower Crochet Pattern

Texture Dream Flower Crochet Pattern Step 3

Support our FREE patterns shopping our premium patterns and yarns HERE

Bonita Patterns Blog Collage

Texture Dream Flower Step 4Textured Dream Flower Step 5 Texture Dream Flower Step 6

Lianka

Lianka Azulay is the owner and creative force behind Bonita Patterns, creator of beautiful crochet and knitting designs. Check out the free pattern library!

9 thoughts on “Free Pattern: Textured Dream Flower

• August 27, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Is there a link for a pattern to the afghan under the flowers? It’s gorgeous!

• August 27, 2016 at 11:28 pm

Thank you for bringing this to commenting on this, Julie. I’ve been getting a lot of messages like yours in my inbox. I just added a note on the post. Yes! There is a pattern for the afghan. It is one of my Premium patterns (It’s paid. It helps me pay for the blog costs). This is from my newest designing technique of Embossed Crochet. If you know my work, you know how I love stitch textured, and that is why I’m obsessed with the Crocodile Stitch.

Embossed Crochet is my newest “baby”. I just started my first patterns this Summer, so its brand new. It’s my attempt to translate the beauty of Aran knitting into crochet. I’m “bi-stitchual” (I crochet and knit), but I’m a really slow knitter. It would take me forever to knit an would never knit an afghan. Embossed Crochet was my solution to get the knitting look and save me the time. Beauty with no stress.

This is an intermediate pattern, but a dedicated beginner can also do it. All you need to know are the basic stitches, front post and back post double crochets and work in the round. There are tons of photos, as usual. You can find the first patterns on the collection here: http://www.bonitapatterns.com/collections/embossed-designs-collection

• August 29, 2016 at 12:34 am

I love all your patterns and have purchased several. The hexagon afghan I love but still need to do. Like you I’m obsessed with the crocodile stitch have made over 10 bags I will be purchasing more in the future. Keep up the great work and lovely design stitches.

• August 29, 2016 at 12:42 am

Mary, awww, you are so sweet! That kind of feedback is the reason I love my work, I strive to create things that people enjoy, because isn’t the world tough enough already? I hope we can keep living up to your standard, believe me we’re going to try!

All the best,

Lianka

• August 29, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Lianka Mahalo nui Loa (Thank you very much) for the lovely flower pattern. I can think of so many projects in which this delicate one will enhance. Melia

• August 30, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Melia, (what a beautiful name!) thank you so much for the feedback! Are you from Hawaii? What a lovely culture of flowers, I’m honored!

–Lianka

• August 31, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Yes Lianka I am from Hawaii. Your flowers are so pretty and I plan to place them on hats and scarves for the fall and winter. The flowers will add spring to the sometimes dreary weather.

• August 29, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Thank you for my pattern, Lianka. I love it!

• September 25, 2016 at 2:17 am

Thanks you for this tutorial. I think it’s such a lovely flower to add to some baby items and hats