At last! We have arrived at the really fun part: CROCHET TIME! These Crocodile Stitch Convertible Mittens works up pretty fast, and for that we selected it as the first project for our Grand CAL event for those of you working on holiday gifts or selling finished items. It’s a busiest of bee time of year, working on stocking stuffers and such!
This pattern was part of a Bonita Patterns Crochet Along and FREE (for a limited time) from Friday, November 14 through Sunday, December 14, 2017, You can purchase a discounted, ad-free, printable PDF below
Let’s have some fun!
- Yarn: The Gloves showcased in pattern pictures are size Small/Medium and were made with: 3 skeins for small/medium sizes or 4 skeins for large/extra large of Bonita Yarns Kaleidoscopic (Sock weight) in Rainbow colorway; 100% Icelandic Yarn (195 yards/50 grams per skein). You can purchase this yarn at www.bonitapatterns.com, or directly at the end of this post.
- Yardage: Approximately 550 yds for sizes Small/Medium and 610 yds for Sizes Large/Extra Large.
- Hooks: Sizes D (3.25 mm) crochet hook or any size hook to obtain gauge.
- Notions: 2 (1.5 mm) buttons
- Yarn needle and sewing needle
With D crochet hook in FPdc pattern: 11 FPdc and 8 rows = 2″
Sizes (measurements based on circumference of hand flat just under knuckles without including thumb):
Small/Medium: 6.5 in to 7.5 in
Large/Extra Large: 7.5 in to 8.5 in